Saturday, November 20, 2010

A prayer answered

Having attended a session of an ongoing alcohol and substance abuse recovery group recently, I was given some homework.  Among the things I was to do was to think about some things I'm afraid of, and not to move until I was no longer afraid of them.  I decided that applying for a job had become one of those, and almost immediately set out to do so.  While driving, I realized that I needed to tap into the salt-water well and renew my connection with my Ocean Father.  As soon as I had the thought, I saw myself praying in a seaside temple.  I prayed for the strength to find a job.  I have since been offered a job, and am thankful to Poseidon for helping me not only overcome my fear, but for giving me a sign of His power when I needed one.

No comments: